[b-hebrew] Also asking a question - Re: YHWH is Aramaic?

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Thu Jun 29 10:17:31 EDT 2006

Why can't both be true?  G-d gave a Name to Himself from the
beginning, and communicated it to mankind, and inherent in the Name
is a certain idea of Himself.

I am NOT proselytizing - just informing you that we believe that
there were many names as G-d engaged in the process of
self-revelation, that one Name was the holiest and unutterable, that
each name is used in the Torah to connote some aspect of G-d that is
operating in that instance.  It is also a belief that the entire
Torah consists of G-d's names.  And it is the belief of Torat
HaNistar (hidden information in the Torah) that by permutations of
the letters of G-d's names, it is possible to tap into Spiritual
Energy.

Also, can you remind me why Ehyeh asher Ehyeh is translated as I AM
and not in future?  Every Jewish Commentary, when expounding on it,
makes the assumption that we all know that the word is used  as
future tense.

OK I'm done, don't take this post the wrong way, please.

Shoshanna