[b-hebrew] Language of the Midians

Oun Kwon kwonbbl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 03:43:43 EDT 2006

My question began when I tried to understand apparently Moses' speech
problem in Exodus.  Obviously being the Prince of Egypt, he must be
eloquent.  Somehow after 40 years among the Midians, it may not be
easy to recover long un-used Egyptian tongue. Even talking with the
Israelites, his Hebrew must be a joke (Egyptian tongue + 40 years of
Midian tongue).  Midian tongue may be related to other near Eastern
languages, but it must be not same as Egyptian and not same as Hebrew,
but I wonder whether there is some description about it.

Oun.

On 6/28/06, Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com <Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 6/28/2006 11:13:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
> kwonbbl at gmail.com writes:
>

> Moses lived among the Midians.  I like to know what language the
> Midians were using?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oun.
>
> I would suspect Jethro Reuel spoke Egyptian, and so did Moses.  Moses was
> highly educated in Egyptian after all he was being groomed as a prince of
> Egypt.
>
> Doug.
> Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
> Tejas Valley
> San Antonio, Texas
> In a message dated 6/28/2006 11:13:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
> kwonbbl at gmail.com writes:
>

> Moses lived among the Midians.  I like to know what language the
> Midians were using?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oun.
>
> I would suspect Jethro Reuel spoke Egyptian, and so did Moses.  Moses was
> highly educated in Egyptian after all he was being groomed as a prince of
> Egypt.

<clipped>