[b-hebrew] Benjamin

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Jun 26 15:34:35 EDT 2006

Yigal:

I agree with you that it sounds absurd. But no less
absurd than the claim you mentioned in the
paragraph at the bottom of this note.

While I know of no one who explicitly makes the
claim I reported below, that they assume that any
name that is also reported in Tanakh therefore
refers to a Biblical individual is a de facto denial
that names may have been reused by ancient,
Semitic peoples.

Karl W. Randolph.