[b-hebrew] law

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Fri Jun 23 16:56:04 EDT 2006

The way we understand this, is that the righteous of each generation,
beginning with Adam, knew Torah and passed it down.  Noah's son and
grandson had a "yeshiva" and Avraham and Yitzchak sent their sons to
learn there.  This is how Noah knew which animals were the "clean"
animals (ie; kosher) way before the Torah was given to Moshe
(remember - he took 7 of each of the clean animals and 2 of all the
rest, into the ark)

Shoshanna

I would suggest that the so-called laws that you see
listed in the Hebrew Bible were simply the ancestral customs of the people
Israel and that these were their customs from time immemorial, way before
there was a Moses.