[b-hebrew] Ezra is Malachi???

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:28:10 EDT 2006

On 6/23/06, Lisbeth S. Fried wrote:

> > Dear Yigal, You wrote:
> >
> Tradition considers Malachi,
> > >a.k.a. Ezra (and yes, I know that there's no scriptual basis for that
> > >identification!)
> To which I respond:
>
> Huh?
>
> Hmm.
> Very interesting.
>
> But why is the identification necessary?

Maybe this depends on an idea that only those prophets who are included
in the Neviim were true prophets.  But if that is so, that would mean Ezra
missed the boat, and came just a few years too late to be considered a
true Navi, unless he was Malachi and so was born just in time to achieve
the title of true prophet before the Neviim was canonized...

Yitzhak Sapir
http://toldot.blogspot.com