[b-hebrew] LC Internal Sederim Conflict

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Thu Jun 22 22:34:26 EDT 2006

I found a sedarim break in Isaiah which to me is sooooooo befuddling,

The 8th break is listed at 19:25. Now you have a line break <S> a verse
before and a verse after. Also verse 25 in the the middle of the
thought. Here it is.

{23} In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and
the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and
the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.
<S> LINE BREAK
{24} In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria,
even a blessing in the midst of the land:
SEDARIM BREAK
{25} Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my
people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
<S> LINE BREAK
{20:1} In the year that Tartan came unto Ashdod (when Sargon the king of
Assyria sent him,) and fought against Ashdod, and took it;

So this, in my opinion begs the question: why not put the break at verse
24 or 20:1 with the line break <S>, why at 25?

Very puzzling.

B"H
John Steven