[b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Wed Jun 21 15:13:25 EDT 2006

I am not calling anyone anything, I am just citing commentaries and
of course the Torah which recorded that Avraham said that Sarah was
his sister.  No one, including the Torah calls him a liar, it is just
recorded what he said about Sarah.

I don't understand the relevance of your last sentence, about Sarah's
birth details in Genesis 11 - chapter 11?  verse 11?  Whoever said
that Sarah's birth details should or should not have been mentioned
there - wherever?

I was responding to a questions, why was she called Kalla in one
place and daughter in another place?

Shoshanna

HH: This is what I don't agree with. You are calling Abraham a liar, and
I am not. That is the point of the discussion. There's no need to
gratuitously call him a liar. Scripture does not require that.

>What difference does it make what you or I think would have been
>simpler to have been written in the Torah, the Torah is very precise
>in every single letter, including missing ones, and enlarged ones,
>why it is written the way it is written.

HH: Shoshanna, I tried to explain to you why the Book of Genesis did not
mention Sarah's birth details in Genesis 11. It is extraneous to the
flow of the text.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard