[b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Jun 21 15:29:46 EDT 2006

Thanks, Brian:

Throughout the book of Ruth, Naomi called Ruth
"my daughter" e.g. Ruth 2:22 and 3:1.

Other than that, the main examples that I could
think of were where "daughters" was used in parallel
with "sons" (several times, look up in a concordance)
and since "sons" has a wider meaning than common
usage in English, that the parallel usage in Hebrew
should also indicate wider meaning for "daughters".

Karl W. Randolph.