[b-hebrew] daughters jacob never spoke of

Joel Stucki joel at stucki.ws
Tue Jun 20 23:59:16 EDT 2006

> One possible example that comes to mind is where Naomi refers to Ruth
> and Orpah, her daughters-in-law as 'my daughters'. Ruth 1:11-13
>
> Blessings
> Brian

Also take a look at Gen 11:31 and compare to Gen 20:12. In the first
reference the text uses daughter in law to refer to Sarai then in the
latter reference it indicates she was his Terah's literal daughter as
well. If it was his literal daughter should this not be the best way
to reference her in the earlier verse?

See also 2 Sam 12:3 and Esther 2:7 for two other adoptive daugthter examples.