[b-hebrew] .. appreciating shoshonna's detail

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Mon Jun 19 09:58:30 EDT 2006

I don't think it would have referred to this son in addition to the
others, rather it was talking about this particular instance of
childbirth.  And yes, I did think that according to this verse all
you would know if you didn't believe in Oral Torah (that there is a
longstanding tradition of knowledge passed down orally and that G-d
actually gave Moshe Torah orally together with the written), is that
in addition to THIS daughter in THIS instance of childbirth there was
also a son, but I accept that written Torah cannot be understood
completely or correctly without Oral Torah, and I believe that our
Sages knew, by unbroken handed down tradition, correctly, what they
taught to us.

Shoshanna

> Rachel's midwife said to her when she was having difficulty in
> childbirth  - "Have no fear, for this one, too, is a son for you" -
> THIS ONE TOO -

Couldn't this just mean she would have this son in addition to the others
borne to her?

Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, Texas