[b-hebrew] Princess Ruth

Arne Halbakken 1stluth at smig.net
Mon Jun 19 00:22:00 EDT 2006

Yigal,

As you know, the targumim are very difficult to date with precision.

E. Levin ("The Aramaic Version of Ruth," Analecta Biblica 76, Rome:
1973) would contend that Tg Ruth has some pre-Rabbinic halakah. (But
that does not necessarily mean that Tg Ruth pre-dates the Mishnah.)

It would be interesting to check Ruth Rabba as well. However, the
classical amoraic midrashim would be dated later than Tg Ruth.

Arne Halbakken