[b-hebrew] to d pickrel.... deleting

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Mon Jun 19 00:14:03 EDT 2006

Dear J. Anna,

You make it sound as if the "web-sites and  references to 14 daughters" are
on par with the biblical text. They are not. The biblical text is our only
primary source. The rest is various attempts to understand the text, all of
which depend on the interpreters' own assumptions and prejudices (such as my
assumption that it would be unlikely that Jacob had only one daughter, and
Sujata's experience of families of multiple same-sex children). We must not
confuse the two.

Yigal