[b-hebrew] .. appreciating shoshonna's detail

C60605 at aol.com C60605 at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 19:50:16 EDT 2006

.
shoshonna....  We know exactly how many daughters Yaakov  had....Rashi tells
us in his commentary on Bereishit 35 verse 17 (when
Rachel's midwife said to her when she was having difficulty in
childbirth  - "Have no fear, for this one, too, is a son for you" -
THIS ONE TOO - ie: IN ADDITION TO) where he cites Genesis Rabba 82,
which teaches us that with every son, was born a twin sister, and
with  Binyamin was born an extra sister.

,,,  J   Anna  .... many, many thanks, shoshonna for Rashi data.   Lovely
addition  to what we've already seen re Jacob's multiple daughters.     Does
Rashi provide names for the women beyond the name of dinah ?    I found a sole
site that comes up with names of females who wed jacob's  sons.    IF  we believe
that the 11 {minus joseph}  espoused their half-sisters, then these names
would be the monnikers of  jacob's daughters.....and, yes, the list did include
one 'dinah.'

..  J   anna
-