[b-hebrew] Collecting Wow stories (Poss. OT)

Paul E.Baronowsky pbaronow at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 13 10:24:50 EDT 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 07:23:44 -0400, Dr. Alan D. Ingalls wrote:

>One of those "wow!" moments for me was when I realized that Psalm 23:6
>does not say that goodness and mercy will "follow" me but will "pursue"
>me. Who wouldn't want to stop and get caught by goodness and mercy! I
>don't recall where the expression "the hounds of heaven" come from (and
>no, we don't need to follow that rabbit trail), but if their names are
>Goodness and Mercy, maybe I wouldn't mind getting mauled!
>
>Alan

"The Hound of Heaven", a poem by Francis Thompson (1859-1907).

"I FLED Him, down the nights and down the days;
  I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
    Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him,  ..."

I memorized some of it when I was in high school some 60 years ago. A
beautiful poem. I suspect you might enjoy it.

A google search on the title will lead you to it.

Best Wishes,
Paul E. Baronowsky (a long-time lurker on BH)
Lafayette, IN