[b-hebrew] Collecting Wow stories

Rochelle Altman willaa at netvision.net.il
Tue Jun 13 04:34:01 EDT 2006

>On 6/13/06, bowick at idirect.com <bowick at idirect.com> wrote:
Hi, James,

The WOW moment that has had the most influence was the hot day I walked
around a large rock jutting out from the mountainside while on a dusty
mountain road -- with deep ravines and dangerous, sheer rocky falls to one
side -- and walked into middle of Psalm 23. There it all was: the oasis of
low-lying greenery of the na'ot deshe; the refreshing waters of the mei
menuchot; the peace and the protected feeling...with outside the dangers of
falling off the winding way of the right path of the galei tzadek.

Talk about a WOW moment! Suddenly, I understood the layers of  imagery of
the psalm. (It only took ten more years to get it all down on paper -- but,
without that WOW... that sudden illumination of the Hebrew text...)

Rochelle