[b-hebrew] Your sedarim question

Daniel R. Pater paterdr at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 11:55:46 EDT 2006

(corrected....)

Brak,

You note a sedarim discrepency.  In the Leningrad Codex (LC) masoretic list
on folio 326r, the seder 13 in the Book of Samuel indicates  Samuel 20:5 by
the words in the middle of the verse ("Lo, behold, t[omorrow]"), while the
division marking itself is found in the text at I Sam 20:4 (folio 161v,
bottom of second column).

I consulted Aleppo ad loc.and there, also, the seder division 13 is found at
I Sam 20:4. You can confirm this at
http://www.aleppocodex.org/aleppocodex.html). The BHK and BHS reproduce the
same division indication.

So, as all the consulted witness agree on the seder division being at I Sam
20:4, can we presume we're dealing with a scribal error in the masoretic
list?  Probably.  I don't really have immediate access to anything but
genral information on the sedarim and errors in the LC masoretic lists.  It
will be interesting to see that others have to say about this.

Daniel R. Pater