[b-hebrew] LC Internal Sederim Conflict (Brak)

Daniel R. Pater paterdr at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 21:22:06 EDT 2006

Brak, you note a sedarim discrepency.  In the Leningrad Codex (LC) masoretic
list  on folio 326r, the sedar 13 in the Book of Samuel indicates  20:5 by
the words in the middle of the verse "Lo, behold, t[omorrow]", while the
division marking itself is found in the text at I Sam 20:4 (folio 161v,
bottom of second column).

I consulted Aleppo ad loc.and there also the Sedar division 13 indicates
20:4. You can confirm this at  http://www.aleppocodex.org/aleppocodex.html).
BHK and BHS reproduce the same.

So, can we presume we're dealing with a scribal error?  I don't really have
immediate access to anything but genral information on the sedarim and
errors in the LC masoretic lists.  It will be interesting to see what others
have to say about this.

Daniel R. Pater