[b-hebrew] 1 Sam 1 and 2 -about Samuel or about Saul?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Jan 31 09:12:42 EST 2006

Sergio:

When Samuel was written, there was no written distinction
between the sin and shin. Therefore, it is just as likely that
Samuel's name means "God placed him" as any other
translation that I have heard. It certainly fits the context.

Thus there is no need to postulate a later redaction that
edited Saul's name out of the text.

Karl W. Randolph.