[b-hebrew] Exodus 12:11 - 12

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Tue Jan 31 01:22:36 EST 2006

Dear Jack,

I'm not sure where the problem is. This whole passage, while not strictly
poetry, is written in a kind of dramatic, fast-paced, prose. "Eat it
quickly, (FOR) it is Yahweh's Pesah". This is a special night; wonderful
things are a-foot; God is going to reveal Himself.

As for the root PSX, it means "to skip". A "piseax" is a lame person,
someone who "skips". The connection is in verse 13 - Yahweh will "skip over"
the Israelites' houses.

Yigal