[b-hebrew] Hebrew keyboard & font size

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Thu Jan 19 09:25:04 EST 2006

On 19/01/2006 13:20, Herman Meester wrote:

>Frankly, I don't know much about software, but I would encourage
>scholars that do like to have their software optimised to try Linux.
>As the Linux source code is public and the kernel can be altered by
>anyone, this would be the ideal system to optimise, for example, for
>Hebrew input methods.

Yes, in principle anyone can optimise Linux for Hebrew. But it requires
a very special set of skills to be able to do this properly, and if you
go ahead and make such changes on your own you will get no support at
all. Free software can come at a huge time cost if you have to fix every
problem yourself. You can of course rely on what others have already
done, but for Hebrew support that is not yet as far ahead as it is for
Windows.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/