[b-hebrew] music in Hebrew [was Re: Long: *Some* Bib for Bryan]

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Sat Jan 14 18:16:19 EST 2006

On 14/01/2006 20:38, Rochelle Altman wrote:

>That's the point; if it is postulated that CVC did not occur until
>post-exilic times, then we have to add the vowel to "l-" ... It's why I
>included the "l-"    Technically, on the same grounds I should have
>included a vowel for "b" in the 29th.

I think you have missed my point. If the alef in l-'adonay(a) is silent,
we have la-do-na-ya, all CV syllables. You also have a non-permitted
consonant cluster in "ha-artza" (even taking "tz" as one consonant),
oddly considering that there isn't one in the Masoretic Hebrew; this
needs to be something like ha-aratza.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/