[b-hebrew] Theophoric Name: Y:HOWYFQIYM

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sun Jan 8 23:15:05 EST 2006

Re origin of namelessness:

I wonder if this can bring anything of value to the discussion:
23  For instance, while passing along and carefully observing YOUR objects of veneration I also found an altar on which had been inscribed ‘To an Unknown God.’ Therefore what YOU are unknowingly giving godly devotion to, this I am publishing to YOU (Acts 17:23)

Re pronunciation evidences.

The problem with hebrew pronunciations is that we rely heavily on the masoretic
model which is much later than the Greek transliterations. So maybe it is not
altogether wise to brush off Greek transliterations especially those we see in
the LXX as they may be far older and more reliable than evidence we glean from
the masoretes.

Security System.