[b-hebrew] Theophoric Name: Y:HOWYFQIYM

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 7 18:05:50 EST 2006

@Rolf,

Sorry I am coming in on the tail end of this one, so excuse me if I am off.  But I always wondered why people try to figure out YHWH name based off the other Hebrew names since not all the Hebrew names, that contain the divine in them have the W as the second syllable.  Some have it as the first syllable, like say Joah.

Also there are other names like Jehu where the W is not a holem/vav but rather a shureq.  Personally, I think the Hebrew names are too inconsistant to try to figure it out.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net