[b-hebrew] Theophoric name: Y:HOWYFQIYM

David P Donnelly davedonnelly1 at juno.com
Tue Jan 3 15:28:03 EST 2006

In answer to my question about the theophoric name:Y:HOWYFQIYM,
Vigel Levin wrote:

Dear Dave,

The answer is yes. Just like in Yehonatan (Jonathan), Yehoram (Joram),
Yehoahaz and a dozen other names.

Yigal

Yigal,

Does your answer indicate that the change of the "qamets" in YFH.
to a simple shewa in the resulting Theophoric Hebrew name,
[as well as in any of the other 16-17 Theophoric names beginning in
"Jeho"]
depends only on the fact that the Hebrew word "YFH. was used in the
compounding,
and  has nothing to do with what the actual pronunciation of God's name
may be?

Dave Donnelly