[b-hebrew] MDBR Root?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Jan 3 13:00:27 EST 2006

Jack:

Apparently there are two roots sharing the same DBR
spelling: one that is expressed very commonly from the
meaning of "to express in word or deed", and the second
rarely used. It is one of those entries where I have
question marks, as I am not sure of its meaning.

2 Chronicles 22:10, Psalm 18:48, Psalm 47:4 are where it
is found as a verb (other cases in the concordance are
questionable), other derivatives include (buck)thorn,
pestilence, bee (which has a stinger) and desert. From
these verses I may have to acknowledge a stronger
meaning than what I originally had, maybe more like lay
low, as in cause injury and death.

Karl W. Randolph.