[b-hebrew] Was Daniel a prophet?

rochelle altman willaa at netvision.net.il
Thu Aug 31 13:15:50 EDT 2006

Harold,

Any good author includes historical backgrounds for versimilitude. The fact
that Daniel contains historical data is not proof that Daniel is a "true"
story. .In fact, Daniel, Job, and Jonah are works of fiction.with a moral.
The moral of Job was considered so important that it even turns up as one
of the 6 books written in Paleo-Hebraic -- along with the Pentateuch.

For that matter, when considered as literature, Daniel is inferior to all
the other books in the MT..

Josephus? So, Joe seems to accept Daniel as having existed. Where ws
Josephus when Daniel was written? His opinion is not evidence for D's
actual existence; it only tells us what Josephus  thought/believed..or
wanted his Roman friends to believe. ..

I shouldn't stick my two cents in, but sometimes it becomes impossible to
sit on my hands.
Rochelle, wearing her literature hat...