[b-hebrew] PS Re: Daniel 11:22

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Thu Aug 31 06:44:59 EDT 2006

Dear Shoshanna,

>Why Isaiah 61:1?  This is about Isaiah

HH: That seems plausible, but this is the same person as the royal
servant in Isaiah 42 and 49. Compare these passages:

Is. 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has
anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up
the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from
darkness for the prisoners,

Is. 42:7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and
to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

Is. 49:9 to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’ and to those in darkness,
‘Be free!’ “They will feed beside the roads and find pasture on every
barren hill.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard