[b-hebrew] PS Re: Daniel 11:22

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Wed Aug 30 17:44:36 EDT 2006

According to the sources that I cited, promising Mashiach, Torah
doesn't tell us that Mashiach will atone our sins.  Mashiach will
repair Torah observance, that is not atoning.  Mashiach being someone
who is resurrected, is also not in the Torah.  Resurrection comes to
all or most or many of us (I don't remember the qualifications by
heart) AFTER Mashiach.

Shoshanna

HH: Yes, I did miss one point in Yonah's post. But my next post
recognized it. I agree that we should stick with Scripture. The meaning
of Messiah is understood to be have a prominent nationalistic component
by multiplied millions of Christians. He is the Redeemer for Israel. The
idea is not foreign to Christianity. The notions of his atonement for
sin and resurrection are there in the Hebrew and Aramaic Scriptures.
Mashiach does not derive its meaning from a poll but from Scripture.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard