[b-hebrew] To Yigal: Re: Daniel 11:22

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Wed Aug 30 09:40:33 EDT 2006

Sorry, semantic.  Prophets speak WITH G-d, meaning G-d also speaks.
Anyone can speak TO G-d, or think they are speaking to G-d.

Also, many people pray, as Daniel was doing in the verses you cite -
during prayer, one addresses G-d.

He was not being spoken to by G-d.

Shoshanna

> a.  Daniel never spoke directly to God. According to the Torah,
>prophets speak to God, not to intermediaries like angels. Daniel saw
>angels and never spoke to God. This is the primary reason Daniel is
>not considered a prophet.

This is an interesting definition of a prophet. I would have expected
the reverse, that God speaks to prophets rather than vice versa.

But certainly Daniel spoke directly to God, especially 9:4-19,
addressed directly to "O Lord, the great and awesome God".

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/