[b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Aug 29 21:07:43 EDT 2006

NONE of these verses refer to any "anti-christ" - which is a foreign
concept after all, if this were a Christian book, the rabbis would
not have included it in our Tanach.

Verse 22 refers to the covenant that the Jews made with the Romans -
ie; they will also be crushed by them - this does not refer to
Mashiach.

Verse 21 refers to the Roman Empire, not to an "anti- christ"
("contemptible one" = Roman empire)

Verse 20:  The Hashmonean Dynasty will succeed Antiochus in
Jerusalem, but it will eventually fall as a result of a battle of
succession between the two brothers, Aristobulos and Hyrcanus.

Verse 23:  By signing a "holy covenant" of friendship (see verses 28,
30) with the Hashmoneans, Rome will be able to conquer the countries
surrounding the Land of Israel without fear of Hashmonean
Intervention.

PLEASE don't put foreign doctrine into our scripture, where it does not exist.

Thank you

Shoshanna

Seeing as how I am quite new to this endeavor I would appreciate it
if I am not acting according to b-hebrew protocol, that you let me
know.

And so, assuming I am ok, I will go ahead and ask my question.

Is there any conceivable way that Daniel 11:22 and the last statement
"also prince of covenant" could be in reference to Messiah?

I know the verses before and after are obviously referring to the
antichrist but could it be that verse 22 is a nugget so easily
overlooked?
John B. Senterfitt