[b-hebrew] Oneness VS Trinity

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 00:18:08 EDT 2006

James:

While I am loathe to get into a theological argument, the strict
linguistic meaning of "one" in Hebrew is an argument neither for nor
against the trinitarian understanding of God. I agree with you that
the argument that 'echad' refers to a compound one is not supportable,
but the concept that God is a compound one is not based on this word,
rather on many other verses in both Tanakh and New Testament.

Karl W. Randolph.