[b-hebrew] Is YaH:WeH derived from IaBe or Iaoue or "Other"?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 23:57:34 EDT 2006

Seeing as the heh was not pronounced in Greek, and it appears even
some of the chets as well, I find just as much support for the
pronunciation of "Ya-ho-he" or "Ya-hu-he" as for the "Ya-hu-eh"
mentioned below. I personally find this argument stronger than that
for "Yah-weh".

But by the time transliterations were made, some Jews may have said
"Yah-weh" while others "Ya-hu-he" or yet other pronunciation, of those
who gave a pronunciation at all, so we may be back to square one.

Karl W. Randolph.