[b-hebrew] I need your help

Harold Holmyard hholmyard at ont.com
Thu Aug 24 19:49:25 EDT 2006

Dear Kasia,

>I need your help.  Is there anyone there who can translate  this for me?  A
>girl I know has been speaking in Hebrew and she doesn't  even know Hebrew and
>she's been trying to kill herself.  She said something  in her head said to
>type this exactly -
>
>yetzer hara Lauren shabuim
>soren holst sh at  teol ku dk
>barach atah adonai elohcina melech el  shaddai
>
>Can you please  help.  She is writing on her mirrors in lipstick things in
>Hebrew and on  the floor and dresser.  We do not know what is going on!  All I
>could  do was type the words in as search queries to try and find out what they
> mean.  Her name is Lauren.  Please help  us.
>
>Thank you so  much.  No, this is not a joke at all.  We are desperate to help
>this  girl.  I was pretty shocked that the second line led me to this email
>address!

HH: Yetzer hara means "the evil impulse."  The word shabuim could be a
plural for shabua' meaning "weeks" or possibly "sevens." The last line
means "Blessed are you, Lord our God, king, God Almighty." Soren Holst
is the name of a poster who knows Hebrew, I believe. He is an author of
a book:

Holst, Soren. Verbs and War Scroll: Studies in the Hebrew Verbal System and
the Qumran War Scroll. Kobenhavn: Det Teologiske Fakultet, Kobenhavns
Universitet, 2004.

The rest of the words are Soren's email address:

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk

I found that searching under Soren Holst's name:

[ANE] Fred Cryer
Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:37:19 +0100 ... me morally
responsible for everything else published in it). cordially Soren Holst
Copenhage

The email address is:  sh at teol.ku.dk

The sh stands for Soren Holst evidently.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard