[b-hebrew] Semitics

cmeadows3 at verizon.net cmeadows3 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 10 19:27:46 EDT 2006

Dear all,

Thanks for the book advice thus far provided.  I have one more inquiry!  I am keenly interested in semitic languages - particularly as they relate to Hebrew and Aramaic.  I am interested also in Arabic since it is still a living language and may offer some interesting comparatives.  I am less interested in old Egyptian or Ethiopic languages.

I have Bergstrasser's book as well as Kaltner's.  Both are nice but fairly brief.

What are the general thoughts here regarding the works by Sabatino Moscati and E. Lipinski?  It seems they are out of print but still available.  Can anyone here give me any info on the contents of these books?

Thanks.

Charles Meadows
Marshall University
USA