[b-hebrew] theophoric prefixes (YH~YHW)

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 21:27:17 EDT 2006

That's funny. In this I mean humerous.

When I tried to be active in Wikipedia, I uploaded an entry based on someone
else's PhD dissertation, which had been translated to English, and in the
translation process the original author expanded on his ideas. But because
he contradicted the majority position du jour among university profs, my
article was rejected. The only "original research" I did was to translate
the author's turgid prose to simple English.

Another time I found a factual error that was verifiable by going back to
the original published source, and even that was rejected as "original
research".

I now have a very jaundiced view of Wikipedia.

I have found other articles in Wikipedia that have not just reported on
published sources, but have taken a definite partisan position on the
subject matter.  In this they violate the very verifiable rule you copied.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 8/7/06, David P Donnelly