[b-hebrew] Joshua Blau

cmeadows3 at verizon.net cmeadows3 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 2 14:51:55 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have seen some interesting sounding titles by Joshua Blau - but they all seem a bit hard to find and slightly pricey.  In addition most are listed by booksellers in Israel - and I am not proficient in modern Hebrew!

I have been studying the relationship of Hebrew to Arabic and Aramaic - particularly in terms of common derivation from an original protosemitic language or group of dialects.  I have Gesenius, Jouon/Muraoka, Waltke, vander Merwe, Berstrasser, and Kaltner (Beyond Babel) among others.

Would anyone here recommend anything by Blau?

Additionally are there any other recommended semitics books?  Moscati perhaps?

Thanks to all.

Charles Meadows
Marshall University
USA