[b-hebrew] Isaiah 14:4

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sun Apr 30 21:09:26 EDT 2006

Yigal:

Thank you.

My question was, is this an Aramaic phrase that was
inserted into the Hebrew text, in the same way that
Jeremiah 10:11 is Aramaic?

For me the clue is the Aramaic reading of MDHBH. In
Hebrew, the term is unknown. My question, are the
other four words in the phrase also Aramaic?
Because I don't know Aramaic (beyond enough to read
the Aramaic sections of Tanakh), I can't answer
that question. If those words are Aramaic, do they
have the same meanings as in Hebrew?

Any Aramaic scholars out there?

Karl W. Randolph.