[b-hebrew] Isaiah 14:4

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sat Apr 29 16:31:53 EDT 2006

Dear Karl,

The only word in the verse that is a hapax in Hebrew is the last - madhebah.
Indeed, "dahab" is "gold" in Aramaic (cognate of Hebrew "zahab"), and even
KJV translates it as "the golden city" - I would imagine following older
traditions, but I have not checked. The translation makes sense in context,
but so do other possible interpretations.

Yigal