[b-hebrew] Genesis 8:22

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Apr 28 15:59:51 EDT 2006

Harold! Harold, Harold:

You're like a hound dog with a bone who won't let
go. When you're right, that tenaciousness is good,
but when you are wrong, ...

First of all, we are not impressed with your
external sources.

Secondly, MW(D is used many times in Tanakh for
appointed time and/or place. That an appointed time
may correspond to a season is coincidence, not part
of the word's definition. That you insist that it
is part of the word's definition goes against good
lexicographic practices.

Third, your use of poetry to insist on your
definition shows that your argument is weak, at
best.

There are times to argue for your view, and there
are times when having the last word doesn't work. I
have the fault of wanting the last word too often,
and it looks as if you have the same problem.

Karl W. Randolph.

"Appointed times" is not foreign to this context.