[b-hebrew] Ps 25:11 imperative & waw

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Thu Apr 27 11:40:24 EDT 2006

Steve:

My concordance lists only verbs, nouns, adjectives
and adverbs, to prevent the volume from becoming
too large. I have not made a list of such uses of
the waw prefix, but I was taught to watch out for
them in my first year Hebrew class that I took. For
those who read using points, I was taught that this
use of the waw prefix is most often indicated by a
shewa under the waw, but you can't count on it
100%.

As a result, I am not surprised to find them though
that use of the waw prefix is not common.

Well, we have two such uses: Isaiah 53:2 and now
Psalm 25:11. While reading the text, we can be on
the lookout for more examples if you wish.

Karl W. Randolph.