[b-hebrew] MICAH - 8th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew

R.Lehmann lehmann at uni-mainz.de
Wed Apr 26 13:48:53 EDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

the 8th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew (MICAH) will
take place in November 2006, friday, 10th and saturday, 11th at the
University of Mainz, Germany.

You are invited to give a lecture, either a short paper (20 min plus
discussion) or a full lecture (45 min + discussion), as you please.
Topics cover the Ancient and Classical Hebrew, i. e. Epigraphic and
Biblical Hebrew, Qumran Hebrew, Ben Sira, and adjacent languages and
epigraphics, for instance Ugaritic, Phoenician-Punic, Old and Imperial
Aramaic, Moabite and Edomite. Also matters of general epigraphy,
palaeography and general linguistics in conjunction with these
languages are welcome.
Postgraduates / Ph.D. students / doctorands are explicitly invited to
demonstrate their projects and to take the opportunity to discuss them
in a collegial atmosphere.

For participation, we request a fee of 25,00 Euro.

Paper proposals should be made until end of july. Please send to the
undersigned (lehmann at uni-mainz.de) and indicate the preferred length.
If you want to participate only, for better planning please contact me
until october, 31st, 2006.

We would be glad to see you this year in Mainz.

Reinhard G. Lehmann

For all questions and concerns please contact:

Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann, AkOR
Tel. +49-6131-39-23284 (office)
tel and fax +49-6132-799873
Email: lehmann at uni-mainz.de

Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann, AkOR
Forschungsstelle für Althebräische Sprache und Epigraphik
Evangelisch-theologische Fakultät / Department of Protestant Theology
Johannes Gutenberg-Universitaet Mainz
D-55099 Mainz, Germany