[b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com Revdpickrel at wmconnect.com
Mon Apr 17 15:21:34 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/17/2006 1:05:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
kwrandolph at email.com writes:

> Further, as I wrote Doug Pickrel, it is dangerous
> to use outside beliefs that may or may not be true
> to define the words used in this text. We may agree
> or disagree with what the text says according to
> linguistic evidence, but to redefine terms
> according to how we think they should be read is
> invalid, putting words in the mouths of the authors
> that the authors never intended.

Hold on, Karl.  Everything I wrote is biblical text based.  I brought nothing
to the table from outside sources, except what Einstien had said about light
and darkness and you said he had that wrong, even what Einstien said was
biblically sound, Isa 45:7.  Just because you're not willing to look or consider
something doesn't make it untrue or not biblically sound.  A veil has fallen to
cover your eyes.  Biblically, a day is a thousand years to the Lord, and a
thousand years is one day.  That means a day = age, eon, or an indefinate period
of time.

Let me create for you an example:
One day there was a fire that destroyed a family home and they rebuilt it
much larger and more expensive then before.

Like in the Genesis scenario, it is obvious to the reader that it took longer
than one day to rebuild a house.  In the say way, Karl, it is obvious that
the words 'day one' covers an indefinate period of time.  If you reconstruct
chronogically from Adam to now you will find about 5750 years, give or take a day
or two.  Now that leave about five days to cover three hundred and sixty-five
billion years, give or take a year or two.  Remember, Karl, the God of
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is also the God of modern science, He is the Master
Scientist.  Creationist, evolutionist, scientist, preachers and the Karls of this
world haven't got it all together yet, but they have a place in God's plan.

Doug
Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, Texas