[b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Sat Apr 15 20:15:54 EDT 2006

Dear Peter,

>  > Peter, that characterization of creationists is not
>>  like the normal you.
>>

>Well, I don't want to get into mud slinging, but this is factually true,
>at least if I replace "incompetent" by "unqualified". For example, the
>recently deceased "Dr. Henry Morris, founder and president emeritus of
>the Institute for Creation Research and the "father" of the modern
>creationist movement" (see
>http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2006/0225morris.asp), was a
>hydraulic engineer, with no qualifications in theology - although
>according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_M._Morris he did have a
>"minor" in geology, so he was not completely scientifically illiterate.

HH: But Henry Morris co-authored his most famous book, The Genesis
Flood, after having been requested to do so by Dr. John C. Whitcomb,
who in later years was Professor of Theology and Old Testament at
Grace Theological Seminary and Director of Postgraduate Studies.
Whitcomb wanted to publish his Th.D. dissertation and desired a
scientist to write the sections on flood science. Morris had majored
in hydraulics with a particular interest in investigating how the
power of water would have worked in the Flood.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard