[b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Apr 15 14:17:27 EDT 2006

Peter:

If you can find an example of "day" in the context
of a number describing the "day" where the context
indicates that it refers to something other than
the equivalent of a 24 hour day, then you can say
that Biblical Hebrew practice was different than
modern English. I know of no such examples. I also
believe that the English practice was influenced by
Biblical Hebrew through early translations.

The observation is that every time a number is
used to describe day(s) that "day" refers to the
equivalent of 24 hours or a part thereof.

My evidence is Tanakh.

Karl W. Randolph.