[b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Sat Apr 15 14:08:38 EDT 2006

On 15/04/2006 18:54, Karl Randolph wrote:

> With this as a background, the existence of a
> photon as a particle is a mathematical construct. ...

Which means that it isn't matter, or perhaps it doesn't matter? :-)

> When one goes to the races, one chooses a horse and
> bets on it. My horse is named Genesis 1, yours the
> Big Bang. The race is not over yet, the horses are
> on the back stretch, we all are cheering on our
> horses, but as of yet the winner is not apparent to
> an unbiased observer.

You misrepresent me. I don't reject Genesis 1, I just interpret it in a
different way from you. My mention of the Big Bang was explicitly
dependent on "according to those same physicists". But if I am forced to
choose, I would prefer to trust those physicists, many of whom are also
believers, than the people who are mostly incompetent in theology and
biblical languages as well as in sciences who promote so-called
"creation science".

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/