[b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Apr 15 11:08:45 EDT 2006

Peter:

This is exactly what I was telling Doug, that when
"day" is used apart from a number as in your
example below, in both English and Biblical Hebrew
(I suspect English got that usage from Bible
translations), an understanding of other than an
equivalent of a 24 hour day is often what is meant.
The context tells us how long. But with a number, a
24 hour day.

Karl W. Randolph.