[b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

Dora Smith villandra at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 14 10:13:06 EDT 2006

The original condition is described as, "The earth was without form and void
(empty or whatever), and darkness was upon the face of the deep" - there
being no English equivalent for the word that is translated as "deep".
However, chosek (as I vaguely remember the word) was upon the face of
whatever it was.

Otherwise the condition appears to rather be primordial chaos.   It might
have been composed of water.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX