[b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Apr 14 08:30:12 EDT 2006

This goes back to verse 4 in Genesis 1: "...and he
divided the light from the darkness." The nature of
light is that if it were not divided from the
darkness, there would be no darkness. As it is,
light, even dimly, permeates all of darkness, just
not all is visible to our eyes. It is in this way
that God "created" darkness.

Karl W. Randolph.