[b-hebrew] Striped leopard? was: Flying or Darting in Isaiah 14:29 and 30:6

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Apr 10 21:42:34 EDT 2006

Peter:

Quite frankly, I have not checked what the other
dictionaries say about XBRBRH. That it is from
the same root as XBRH using a regular derivation
pattern indicates that it is unlikely to have a
significantly different meaning, as "spot" would
be.

The usual word for "spot" is NQDH, though BRD is
also used for speckled.

I have found that some dictionaries follow old
translations rather than admit that the older
translation may have been wrong. Especially if
the older translation has become somewhat hallowed
by ancient practice, as the KJV.

Karl W. Randolph.