[b-hebrew] Yahoshua/Yehoshua

Alexander Oldernes alexander at oldernes.no
Wed Apr 5 03:35:42 EDT 2006

It's pretty clear that Jesus' name was something like Yeshua or Yehoshua.

The website doesn't explain where the wovel "o" comes from.
The teophoric names indicate that the divine name is something like Yeho-,
and the contracted form Yah indicates a wovel "a", thus Yeho-a.

An attempt to twist it into "Yahoshua" without any clear evidence seems to me as just another poor attempt to support Yahwe as the divine name. For me it looks like some has 'decided' that the divine name must be Yahwe, and therefore the teophoric names must be adjusted to fit this theory.

Alexander Oldernes
Norway
www.divinename.no